There are 186,000 Seventh-day Adventists in the country of Burundi. They desperately need our prayers.
On October 24, the president of the Burundi Union Mission, pastor Lamec Barishinga, was arrested. This arrest is part of an escalating series of threats and attacks on the Seventh-day Adventist Church by the government of Burundi.
Therefore, the Seventh-day Adventist Church is calling on all members to #Pray4Burundi.
- Please pray for Pastor Barishinga to be released from prison.
- Please pray for the protection of our members from physical and emotional abuse, and that the practice of arresting our pastors and members as a form of intimidation be stopped.
- Please pray that the government of Burundi will value religious liberty and stop interfering with the administrative decisions of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, thereby allowing our members to worship according to their conscience, without interference from any government or entity.
Below you will find pictures and videos of the police invading our worship services and violently beating our members.
- President of the Seventh-day Adventist World Church sends letter of encouragement to members in Burundi
- President of the Seventh-day Adventist World Church sends message to Adventist members in Burundi
- Seventh-day Adventist World Church president sends letter of encouragement to members in Burundi
- Appeal from Seventh-day Adventist World Church President for urgent prayer
- Commentary: What Seventh-day Adventists face in Burundi
- Adventist Detainees Released from Burundi Prison
- Seventh-day Adventist World Church President writes letter of encouragement to church members in Burundi
- Seventh-day Adventist World Church President, Ted N.C. Wilson, encourages members in Burundi
- Seventh-day Adventist World Church President writes letter to Adventist members in Burundi
We believe there is power in prayer. Please share this with your friends, small groups, Sabbath School class and church. Our brothers and sisters in Burundi need our prayers.