The General Conference building is open to the general public for one daily tour at 9 a.m., Monday through Thursday. Friday tours are available by appointment. The free 45-minute building tour explains the current activities of the church headquarters and several of its organizations, as well as artifacts and exhibits throughout the building.
Tours of the Ellen White Estate are available on the half hour, Monday through Thursday only. White Estate tours feature original historic documents and memorabilia from one of the church founders.
HOLIDAY/ SPECIAL EVENT HOURS:
Tours will not be available November 29 due to a special event, Celebration of Creation.
The General Conference will not provide tours December 21 through January 7. Please visit us after the holiday season!
Those interested in visiting the world headquarters of the Seventh-day Adventist Church can join the regularly scheduled tour Monday through Thursday at 9 a.m. Guests visiting during other times of the day are welcome to stop by the Ellen White Estate.
Visitors should be aware:
- The General Conference building and the Ellen White Estate are closed Fridays.
- There are no weekend tours.
- Reservations are required one week in advance for groups larger than 10.
- Groups of 10 or more who want to eat in the cafeteria will also need to make reservations and financial arrangements in advance with Food Service Management at the time the tour is booked.
How to find the Seventh-day Adventist World Headquarters:
We are less than half an hour from Washington D.C. on the corner of Route 29 and Randolph Road in Silver Spring, Maryland. From Interstate 95, take exit #33 (Route 198) and head west toward Burtonsville. Turn left on Route 29. When you get to the corner of Route 29 and Randolph Road, our building will be on the right--though you may not see it for the overpass. Bear right on the Randolph Rd exit and then turn left on Columbia Pike. The entrance to our parking lot is on the left.
Other web sites that can help you plan your visit to the area:
- Local Seventh-day Adventist Churches
- Maryland Office of Tourism Development:
- Washington D.C. Convention and Visitors Association
- Smithsonian Institute